Monday, September 15, 2008

The Momma Soo-Hoo Project

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
September 13-14, 2008

On Sunday morning, my friends from North High School JROTC really, really, REALLY, surprised me!!!!! They all wore special hand-designed pink T-shirts that read, "The Momma Soo-Hoo Project", accessorized with crowns, hats, wands, and posters!!!!! They did all of this, and joined the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Long Beach on my behalf!!! The official route started at El Dorado Park and ended at the Queen Mary. That's a very longggggg walk! And it's an even longer walk back to the car! Did anyone make it to the end, 5K or 10K?!?!? I'd be lucky if I can make it around the block! Thanks for helping and for walking everyone!

With the help of organizations like Avon, your support will be felt by many people, especially when they find a cure for cancer! I am sooooo proud of you, and I am sooooo happy to be a part of the NHS JROTC!!! Your support has moved me beyond words of expression. You've actually left me speechless!!! For those of you who know me, that's a really big accomplishment in itself!!! All I can say is, "YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

P1000080
NHS JRTOC, all pretty in pink! By the way, I didn't get that memo!!!

P1000091

P1000100

P1000103

P1000120
They appear to have the same figure and same skin tone, but only from their neck to their knees... Interesting, very interesting...

P1000104

P1000099
I want this decal for my car!!! Super Soo-Hoo!!!!!
I really like the sound of that!!! hee hee hee

P1000105

P1000097
Is that a pink bra on this van? Hmmm. No comment.

P1000106

P1000122
Oooh! I can really use that pink wig for this winter!!!

P1000114

P1000119

P1000115

P1000116
Gaby (on the left), God blessed you with so much talent! Thank you for sharing your it with all of us!!!

P1000113
Macho men wear pink too!!! You're looking GOOD, Sergeant Major Duran!!! Hey, what ever happened to your matching CSM princess dome hat?

P1000117

P1000125

P1000129
Nice smiles, and very nice beads!!!

P1000133

012 - deena
This was a great hair idea! I'll have to remember this one, maybe for next year, eh???

For more details about this worthy event, please click on this website: http://walk.avonfoundation.org/site/PageServer?pagename=losa_home_2k8.

I thank our Lord God Almighty for surrounding me with so many loving people in my life. I am sooooooo touched, soooooo moved, and I feel soooooo loved!!! My God, my family, my friends, NHS JROTC, my church, my neighbors, my support groups, I thank you ALL for everything!!! Your love, support, and friendship truly mean the world to me!!!

I was unable to join our group in the Avon walk this year. But, with the ultimate healing hands of God, my body will be whole again. When I finish my treatments, I'll have to start training for next year's Avon walk. Does anyone want to join me?!?!? This offer goes out to anyone reading this blog, plus anyone and everyone you're connected with! (hint hint hint) Let me know, so we can make some plans! Have your peeps call my peeps, eh?!?!?!? Together, we can make a difference, and have fun doing it!!! God bless you!!!

3 comments:

geecof said...

Hey, they walked right by my condo! I wish I would've known ahead of time, I would have cheered them on and then some.

Unknown said...

Berda,
I will walk with you next year.
The ROTC is amazing, they really care.

Bobbie

Joe's Crab Shack said...

Hi Just Kookoo,

My name is Courtney and I'm the Sales Coordinator for Joe's Crab Shack. We noticed that you celebrated your last chemo at our restaurant. We would like to congratulate you and thank you for thinking of Joe's Crab Shack for your special occassion by sending you a gift card from us to you!! Please email me at csalway@joescs.com with your contact information so I may mail you the gift card or a number where I may reach you at. Once again, congratulations from Joe's Crab Shack!!

Sincerely,

Courtney Salway
Joe's Crab Shack
Sales Coordinator
csalway@joescs.com