Monday, September 22, 2008

Chemo #5

P1000161
On Wednesday night, September 17, 2008, The Wellness Community sponsored a special event to see a musical called, "Bye Bye Birdie," at the Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities. It was a fun event. I enjoyed seeing many familiar faces from our support groups too. During intermission, I stayed behind to warm up with my hot cup of coffee. Another lady was doing the same thing. We started talking with each other, and with the hostess from the opera house. As it turns out, we were going through breast cancer treatments. We had a such wonderful time chatting, I almost forgot about the show. Thanks to Sammi's text messages, we forced ourselves to cut our conversations short. Our family also ran into Auntie Margie and Uncle Bill, who had their season tickets. What a great treat that was!!! What could I say, God is good, all the time!!!!!


CHEMO #5
P1000163
P1000164
Yikes! Here we go again. September 18, 2008 was my second treatment with the red stuff. It's sure looks innocent enough, huh? Too bad this stuff is NOT just sugar water!!! Since this red chemo drug is really hard on the heart, I was tested this week, and passed my Echo Cardiogram test. Thank God for Dr. Ghodsi Madani, my new allergist!!! After weeks and weeks of suffering, my hives are now finally under control. I'm glad she's going to continue to monitor me until I finish all of these treatments. I get a bit nauseous still, sore muscles, endless dry cough, and very low on energy, but I really can't complain. Things are looking brighter for me now, I'm more than half way through. I'll just take things slowly, one hour at a time.


P1000165
It was really nice of Susie and May to come visit me before going to their class reunion in Long Beach. And thank you for the pretty roses too.


P1000169
P1000172
P1000195
P1000170
P1000182
P1000171
P1000177
P1000185
P1000194
Ambassador Church has now made our 5 year mark. Our church has really grown with many young families. Just look at how precious our babies are in our nursery. Doesn't this make you want to hug them, kiss them, smooch them? If these are too young for you, we've got even more that are a tad bit older too! So sign up and help out in the CM! They need you, and they want you, all of you, you and your big huge Godly heart!!!


P1000196
P1000197
P1000199
P1000200
P1000206
P1000207
P1000213
On Sunday, September 21, 2008 - Ambassador Church had our official "Welcome to Brea" service. I'm so glad Dave and Kathy came to visit our church today. I hope they'll come to service again soon. We were really blessed with a gorgeous day, just perfect for a picnic!!! So, off to the park we went... all of us!!! We really had the perfect weather... perfect for playground fun, volleyball games, football games, walks with the doggie, lounging around doing nothing, and of course, lots of FOOD!!! Yummy, L&L Hawaiian food!!! Thank you to everyone who made this event special. By the way, Pastor Josh... (growlll)... I think you gave my son a football booboo!!! What can I say, I'm a momma first!!! hee hee hee


P1000215
To the Chongs: Thank you so much for coming to visit!!! Can you tell that our kids really missed each other?!?!? We need to get together more often, just like the good ol' days!!!

No comments: