Sunday, September 14, 2008

Busy weekends... Aren't they great?

Yippee! It's time for another weekend! My family and I went to a chili cook-off. It was a fund raiser for the 3rd graders in one of our Torrance schools, held at the Elks Club. We tasted lots of chili; some were so hot that they can bring tears to your eyes and burn holes in your stomach; some were medium, but full of yummy flavor; and some were mild and sweet, perfect for wimpy folks like me! Just in case you had too much chili, they also had hot dogs and homemade tacos for sale. It was a family event with a live band for atmosphere and dancing, games and bouncer for the kids, raffle tickets for donated prizes, a bar for adult drinks, and many other booths. The radio station, K-Earth 101, also had a booth. Hank was a little disappointed that he didn't win any of their free give-away prizes. I guess, he will have to save himself to win those bigger prizes, eh?
P1000058
P1000062
One of the booths had face painting. Since I've lost all of my hair, I've been wanting get a tattoo on the back of my head. If I got a permanent one, it will get covered up when my hair grows back out. So for fun, I guess a temporary one will do. I think Sammi is voting against it. What do you think?


Saturday evening, we went to North Hollywood to support Angel's cousin, Angel Abcede, and his crew from Chicago (Nuns on the Run), in a comedy called, "Nunsense 2: The Second Coming." We had a fun evening, and I met a lot of great people too.

P1000063
Angel, myself, James, and Joshua. Hey look! We have matching heads!!!

P1000065
Celia and Jim are proud supporters too. Too bad Wonton couldn't come.

P1000071
Cousin Angel with a few of his family and friends.

P1000072
Sister Mary Leo and Sister Amnesia

DSC_0494
The cast with Me, the cardboard Nun.

P1000075
Valerie with her fantastic "pigs can fly" hat!!!


Sunday, September 14, 2008 - Ambassador Church celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We were treated with a walk through memory lane. It was great to see so many familiar faces, some were there in person, and some we had seen though the slide show presentation. Of course, we had to "force" ourselves to eat cake and other sweet treats on that day too!

DSC04292
We were able to meet our newest addition to Ambassador Church. He's only three weeks young, but he's a very big and strong boy. I'm sooooo proud to be the first person at church to steal him from his mommy. Oh, I meant to say "carry" him! hee hee hee... In case you haven't heard, I love to smooch clean babies!!!

DSC04294
The Wongs, the Lais, the SooHoos, and the Takaos were able to meet up for lunch. Unfortunately, with everyone's busy schedules, a few of our kids couldn't make it this time. I guess we'll have to force ourselves to get together again another time, right? Soon, I hope!


Yikes, we're running out of weekend! I guess we'll have to face those Monday morning blues together. That's a blessing in itself! We've been told many times not to take things for granted, to live life to it's fullest each and every day! We tend to forget, as we fly through our busy lives. Often we hear of losses or illnesses. It's human nature to think that won't happen to us, that somehow we're stronger than that, or we can be immune from that if we just keep going at light speed. Unfortunately, God lets us know who is in control. It will happen to us, eventually!!! As the saying goes, we need to stop and smell the roses. I thank God for each and every breath I take, and for each day I can be here with my family. Celebrate!!! We are alive!!! And we have access to the Internet!!! Yeah!!! ;-)

No comments: