Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chemo #3

P1010791
Pat

P1010796
Lisa

P1010803
Lovely, William, and Sammi

P1010806
Here I am with Diane. We had actually met about 3 weeks ago, at the wig shop on the day after I had passed out. She was there to hear all the commotion. How embarrassing, huh?

P1010804
Cindy, Trish, and I are chemo buddies. Have you noticed how my new buddies and I all have the same cool hairless doo?!?!? We shine brightly together!!!

P1010808
Surprisingly, my chemo only took 4 hours this time. It felt like we were playing hookie from chemo! hee hee hee So, May and I made the best of it, and forced ourselves to go to lunch. Yummy! Thanks for taking me this time, May!

p1010834
p1010835
Carissa and Justin. Thank you for bringing them, Auntie Jean!

p1010838
James, Lily, and Matt

p1010913
Auntie Carla

p1010914
Auntie Jen

p1010916
Thank you, Lauren and Ryann, for my new panda bear! San Diego Zoo will be happy to know that I'll take good care of her!

P1010919
Ralph, Ally, and Jack came by to visit us too. Yippee! More holy hugs!

Chemo #3 - August 21, 2008 - My oncologist, Dr. David Chan, is changing my treatments due to all of the issues I've had in the past few weeks. Sadly, I will be having chemo every two weeks now, with different meds, for a total of 8 sessions instead of 6 as originally planned. I am happy to hear that my future chemo treatments will only take about 2 hours, instead of the dreaded 7 hours. I'm a bit anxious to see what new side effects I may have in the last 4 treatments, but I know God will help me through all of those too. Maybe I'll sail right through with no effects at all? Wouldn't that be great? Anything is possible with God on my side. But it's all in his hands and his will. In the meantime, I am blessed by so many people supporting me. I'm meeting lots of great people during my walk with cancer. Already, it has been an interesting roller-coaster ride, and this is just the beginning of a long road ahead for me. Thanks for sharing my ride!!!

No comments: