Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh me, oh my!

P1010691
I've been really blessed being a part of a terrific women's group. Our core group has been together for over 15 years. We always have a great time together, no matter what we do, from bible studies, prayers, crafts, shopping, and of course, food!!! Thank you, Kathy, for hosting us year after year after year. I'm looking forward to our next event, when everyone is back in town from all of the wonderful summer vacations. What will we share next? hmmm ;-)

I've also started with a second support group with the Wellness Community, for women who are newly diagnosed with breast cancer. It's been incredible just sharing with the other women with our feelings, our fears, our side effects, our treatments, any concerns we may have. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one having side effects!

Speaking of side effects... I've had a few itchy bumps and heartburn for a few days, but this Thursday, August 14, 2008, it got worse. I had a little allergic reaction. To what? I'm still not sure. It could be the chemo itself, or something I ate, or something in the environment. I ended up back in the ER, and then was admitted into the hospital. I had a difficult time breathing, problems with my esophagus, and was covered with hives from head to toes. Not a pretty site at all. With more meds, I had convinced them to let me go home early on Friday. But not before I got some surprise visitors.
DSC_9527
DSC_9523
Thanks for the visit, Angel and Jolene! You had made my morning special, and my hospital stay more bearable!!!

No comments: