Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chemo #2A and #2B

Hello again everyone! I had another KooKoo moment. Sorry, no pictures this time, since it's not something I want to remember too much. Last Thursday, July 31, I was scheduled for my chemo treatment, #2A, at the Cancer Care Associates of Redondo Beach. Everything was going fine, at least for the first hour. Then, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, I tasted the medicine on my tongue, I saw a few stars, the room started to spin, and I woke up to a ton of nurses and doctors looking over me!!! OMG!!! What just happened?!?!?!? Oops, I must have passed out!!! The EMT had strapped me to a board, and off I went to the ER of Torrance Memorial. I had a bump on my left temple, and I had a small tear on my right ear which they glued back. Needless to say, I didn't get my full chemo. Overall, I'm fine. I'm just really embarrassed to have caused such a scene.

On Monday, August 4, I was rescheduled for my chemo, #2B. All went well again, for the first hour! Then I felt my chest tighten, I started seeing stars, and I had medicine mouth again. Immediately, the chemo team jumped to my rescue. When they turned off the medicine, I started feeling better. Turns out, I'm "sensitive" to the first chemo drug. It was given to me again at half speed, which went well. I'm bummed that my 4 hour treatments have now been extended to 6-7 hour treatments. That's a lot of time to be sitting there and hooked up to an IV. But that's a small price to pay, for getting the treatments I need to fight this breast cancer. I'm doing fine now. I just have the normal fever and body aches that follow a few days after treatment.

I thank God each and every day for his many, many blessings! He has blessed me with Bobbie, who has been by my side throughout these chemo treatments. She has been my rock on Hank's behalf. Hank feels bad that he can't be there for me, but he can't get off work. My poor Hank, he's been forced to work OT on top of all of this. I guess this is God's way of handling our medical bills, right? I thank God for Stevie and Sammi, for they have stepped up to help care for me, helped with some of the household chores, and running errands. I thank God for my sibblings, who have been caring for my parents, who have a ton of medical issues of their own. I thank God for the many family, friends, and neighbors who have brought me food, and helped me clean my house, too! I thank you all for your support, and I'm so grateful for your generous loving hearts. God is sooooooo good, all the time! His love shines through you! I see it, I feel it, all around me!!! God bless you!!! And THANK YOU!!!

No comments: