Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Camp at Camp Pendleton

In Stevie's past four years of high school, I've helped serve with North High School's JROTC program. I've been blessed with many experiences, and gained some friends along the way. For me, old habits are hard to break, so off I went to volunteer again. In the past, I would help throughout their week long summer camp at Camp Pendleton. Due to my health issues, I decided to go for just one day on Sunday, August 10, 2008. It was nice meeting people from the new schools, but I really enjoy seeing the familiar friendly faces!

P1010608
North High School's Saxon Battalion

P1010619
P1010612
On the far right, Stan, "The Man", headed up the rifle range.

P1010639
Maria, Stan, Deena, and myself.

P1010605
Irene, Jackie B., and me! Just taking a break after serving up the grub. Dibs anyone, for some more S.O.S.?!?!?

P1010592
Sargent Major Duran tries to hide, but I always find him!

P1010590
This year, I had the perfect haircut for the U.S. Army, don't you think? hee hee hee

After serving the breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, and hanging out at the rifle range, I was pretty exhausted. Thanks for the ride to and from, Stan! You had made the trip so much easier and pleasant for Stevie and me. Perhaps we can do this again next year, eh? No promises, but I'd like to keep in touch with the gang.

I thank God for his many blessings, including the opportunities to give back to our neighbors, our community. By helping others, profoundly, our hearts grow deeper with appreciation for all that we've been blessed with, giving us a better understanding as to what God's love is all about. As the saying goes, "the more you give, the more you'll receive". May God bless you for taking the time to read my blog, too. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Holy hugs and kisses to ya!!!

No comments: