Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Radiation begins!!! ZAP!!!

P1020494
P1020496
Going to the movies is fun, but it's even more special when you run into friends! Little things, like eating popcorn and snacks, were quite memorable with this bunch. We must do movie night again soon!


dsc05407
Small baby, BIG FOOT!!!
DSC05443
DSC05448
DSC05444
DSC05445
DSC05447
dsc05446
P1020499
Whenever I get that itch... That little nagging feeling to cuddle a baby... I know I can always count on the babies of Ambassador Church! I'm looking forward to more smooching time with them, before they graduate to the Toddler class!!!


P1020500
Jill and I had fun sharing our stories with each other. We're both proud to be breast cancer survivors!


On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - My first day of radiation went well today. Hank was with me the entire time. They drew all over me again, only this time with a black washable marker. So, I had another sad face drawn on my chest again (no pictures this time). It took about an hour today because my Radiation Oncologist, Thyra Endicott, had to approve everything before they did the zapping. It's really important because I don't want them to fry my throat, stomach, lungs, or heart!!! The zapping itself was like an x-ray, only the machine spun around me. Thank God, there was no little tube involved. I still get a bit claustrophobic. As my treatments progress, my pain and discomfort will increase. I'll check in with everyone in a few weeks. No news is good news, right? God bless you, and have a wonderful week. Holy hugs and kisses!!! xoxoxo Berda

No comments: