Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm a Tattoo Queen!!!

Meet the new additions to our family. After the Little King and Queen contest, we walked the streets of Chinatown. These little turtles called out to us, "Take us home, take us home!" So, we did! Now, our guppies have new meaning... TURTLE CHOW! We are now a two turtles family again. For some strange reasons, my kids named them, BIG BIRD (light green) and GROVER (dark green). I think my teenagers are regressing!!!
P1020406
P1020439
P1020465
p1020443
P1020452
P1010981
Poor little guppies... CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!!


Today, February 3, 2009, between my morning and afternoon doctor appointments, Linda and I went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe. After a nice relaxing lunch, I went to meet my radiology oncologist, Dr. Thyra Endicott. Officially, I am now a TATTOO QUEEN!!! Well, at least in my book!!! I now have four small pin-head sized dots tattooed on me for radiation. All I have to say about this tattoo process is, "Ouch, ouch, ouch, OUCH!!!" I don't see how anyone would do this, willingly! I've had a taste of it, and I've had enough of that... Well, at least for now!Prior to the pokes, they drew all over me with a black pen. The ink marks looks like a "sad face" to me! What do you think?!?!?
P1020379
p1020390
p1020384
I'm now officially ready for my radiation treatments, both physically and mentally. My first one is scheduled for next Wednesday, February 11, 2009. These will last for about six weeks, ending around mid March. Hopefully, I won't be too drained to go out to play and shop!!! God forbid, eh?!?!? I wouldn't have gotten through what I have, without the endless support of God, my family, my friends. Thanks again for your prayers! I'll keep you posted as soon as I am able, or as soon as I have something to report, whichever one is sooner. ;-)


P1020372
Do you see what I see?!?!?
It's a PEACE tree!!! ;-)

2 comments:

Angel said...

Let me know if you are going to need rides to your radiation treatments after your first one!

Unknown said...

Berda,
I think it looks like a sad face, too. Poor baby.
I sent you an email, write me back, ok.
Oh by the way, the Avon Breast Cancer walk is September 12-13 in Los Angeles, if you feel like it let's walk in it and get everyone we know to walk with us.
Love you,
Bobbie SooHoo, the other b.s.