Saturday, October 4, 2008

Chemo #6

Chemo #6 - October 2, 2008. Hank and my sister-in-law (Bobbie) took me to my treatment. I got the red stuff again for the 3rd time. All went well, and it only took about an hour and a half. I was happy to see my chemo partners, Cindy (with hubby Tim) and Trish. My nurse, Joann, surprised me with a goodie bag, filled with breast cancer support stuff. I really enjoyed sharing it with my buddies! Dr. David Chan gave me the good news. He informed me that my next chemo treatment will be my last. Yippee!!! I'm looking forward to celebrating that day!!! Nausea will soon be a thing of the past, so I'm hoping!!! With God's help, I know I can do it!!! I can now start preparing for the next step in my treatment, my double mastectomy. I'm waiting for my surgeons to schedule me a date, sometime between mid November to mid December. For personal reasons, I'm hoping for early December. Please pray for my date of choice!!!


Angel and I went to check out Asaka Japanese Restaurant in Rancho Palos Verdes for lunch the other day. The food was quite yummy, and the view was gorgeous. We had the perfect breeze blowing and the sun shining, but not hot. In fact, the clouds covered up Catalina Island.
P1000253
P1000236
After lunch, Angel took me to a place that had some pretty scary warning signs, but it was all worth it. Palos Verdes Pennisula has a special location for whale watching. There were no whales today, but we still had a wonderful time, talking with other visitors and taking in the views.
P1000239
P1000247
P1000246
P1000252
P1000259
P1000263
P1000264
If you look closely at the top left hand corner, you'll see Angel posing for the shot. Silly Uncle Angel!!! Thanks for cheering me up!!! There's never a dull moment when you're around! God is the true artist, blessing us with the beautiful scenery's. We just have to sit back, acknowledge His awesomeness, and soak up views!!! WOW!!! It's food for our soul!!!

No comments: