Friday, July 24, 2009

Complications?!?!? Oh no!!!

2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 002 Happy birthday, Matthew!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Medical update - As I've mentioned on my blog earlier, I had my 1st surgery about two weeks ago, for the second phase of my reconstruction. Unfortunately, I sprung a leak internally on my right boob, early on Monday morning at 12:45 a.m., 7/20/09. It was bad enough to cause concern, so I went to see my cutie pie Dr. Newman in his office later that afternoon. He had outpatient surgery scheduled for me on Wednesday, 7/22/09 at 7:30 a.m., but sadly, my body couldn't wait.

Tuesday night, 7/21/09 at 10:30 p.m., within minutes, my right boob swelled up like a large cantaloupe. I thought I was going to explode. As I talked on the phone with Dr. Newman, I had blacked out! While my family carried me to the car, I blacked out again! Hank drove me to the ER, where they monitored me for a few hours, and giving feedback to Dr. Newman. My blood pressure was very low, which explained why I blacked out twice. By 4:00 a.m., I was admitted into the hospital, and transferred to my new room. I got about two hours of sleep, then was whisked off for my 2nd surgery on my scheduled time. After recovery, instead of being sent home from outpatient surgery, I was transferred back to my room for an extra day, just to be safe.

Everything was going well throughout Wednesday and most of Thursday, as I was "almost" released. BUT, Thursday afternoon, I had strained myself, and my boob swelled up again. Yikes! I came very close to having a 3rd surgery this Friday morning, but God spared me. Praise and thanks to God and my prayer chain of family and friends, the swelling came down throughout the night, and the ultrasound confirmed it this morning. I got my walking papers, but with explicit instructions. For the next three weeks, I'm not suppose to stretch, carry, lift, strain, etc. Guess I'll have to walk around holding my boobs, especially when I sneeze or cough! A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do!!! hee hee hee

2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 016 So, why was I in an isolation room? What's that about Negative Pressure?!?!?
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 014 Constance is one of my favorite nurses.
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 010 Wednesday visit from Yvette
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 011 Thursday visit from Yvette, Danielle, and Christina
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 012
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 013 Ryann and Lauren came by to check on me. Wanda and Angel did too, but sorry I didn't get any pictures of them this time.
2009-07-25 KIIS 102.7 fm 017 Friday visit from Yvette. I can't believe she came to visit me everyday, just like my hubby and kids! You've made me feel so special, Yvette! Thank you.

Btw, I don't know what was in that hospital food, but my hives are back. The only outside food I got was Matzo Ball soup (yummy!). I've eaten that hundreds of times, so I know that was not the cause of it. Well, I'm back to taking my all of my itch medicines. They really knock me out, so it'll be early bedtime for me until I stop itching. On that note, I've gotta go now. Good night everyone! May God bless you with sweet dreams.

No comments: