Thursday, June 11, 2009

Angel stranded?!?!?

Tuesday - June 9, 2009 - Pat and I had a chance to meet up with Janet and my mom. We had decided on 888 Seafood Restaurant in Rosemead for some dim sum. Dim sum is always great because it's easy to pick and choose the dishes you want to eat, as it's being pushed pass your table. There's a good variety, so you should be able to find something you'll like. We had fun sharing pictures of our trips with each other, me from my trip, and Pat from hers. She went to visit Saint Louis, Missouri in March. It was perfect timing for the pre- Mardi Gras celebrations. Looks like she had a great time visiting her family. After lunch, we went to Sam Woo Barbeque's Shop in Monterey Park to pick up some roast duck and soy sauce chicken for dinner. I hope I didn't scare her with all of those hanging ducks and chickens! I had a great time, I hope Pat did too. I'm looking forward to our next get together already!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 9, 2009 - Tuesday night at 10:15pm, I got a very disturbing twitter message from Angel. He was coming home from dropping off his mom and aunties in Las Vegas when he had car trouble, about 40 miles before Barstow. Apparently, there were a lot of debris on the road that damaged Angel's car and many other cars as well. His radiator got busted up from the bottom up, then the car overheated really fast, which caused a domino effect on some other engine parts too. Yikes, huh?

Celia, Jim, and Wonton (Angel's sister, brother in law, and puppy) went to rescue him. They got to him about 1:30am on Wednesday morning, and he was safe at home by 4:30am-5am (right before the big 30 car pile up from the fog). The mechanic in Barstow said it might be too costly to fix. Angel said his car is on "life support", and he doesn't think it'll make it. He's waiting for the insurance adjuster to examine the car and file his report. Angel said he might just use his motorcycle all summer long. He's too depressed to look for another car. Anyway, please pray for him and his broken lil' car. We're just thanking God that Angel was not hurt!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday - June 11, 2009 - Angel and I went to visit James at Winways Rehab House. For his after dinner snack, I brought him some of my homemade chicken jook. Since we wanted to eat with him this time, we bought a bunch of tacos, and James managed to eat a couple of them too. Donna, Robert, and Austin came by, after dropping off the twins (Brady and Tanner). David and Suzanne (Suzie), James' brother and wife, also dropped in for a visit. We all sat around the dining table, eating, chatting, and of course, took a few more pictures.

2009-06-13 John & Joanna 855 Suzanna and David
2009-06-13 John & Joanna 856 Donna and Robert, what is Angel looking at this time?!?!?
2009-06-13 John & Joanna 857 Austin and I are hanging all around James.

It was really great to see James standing and walking with his special four-legged cane. He's doing well overall, but they're keeping him in there a little longer to continue with the PT/OT exercises, monitor his medication and his food intake, etc. There's a chance, in a few weeks, that James might be released to live with his brother. What a blessing it is to have family come to the rescue. And what a blessing it was to see Austin up and around too!!! We've been praying for both of these guys, and God has really healed them!!! God is sooooo good!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday - June 11, 2009 - Today, Sammi picked up her yearbook from North High School. Late this evening, I was finally able to take a look at it. To my surprise, Stevie and I made the cut!!! Isn't that incredible?!?!? I haven't been in a high school yearbook for many, many years!!! Okay, it's been more like decades, but who's counting?!?!? Btw, we're on page 205, top right hand corner! hee hee hee

Anyway, it turns out the JROTC entered our group picture from the Momma SooHoo project, which is ME!!! This was from last fall's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, held on September 13-14, 2008, (you can view my pictures from my blog dated September 15, 2008). They used the picture where we're by the fence, and everyone surrounded me in their pink tees. I'm the only bald person there, and I'm the only person wearing red! ;-) hee hee hee I'm very excited to be included as part of the school still. I enjoy helping out the JROTC group very much. Hopefully, I'll be healthy enough to visit Camp Pendleton again this summer. I'm so blessed by these kids, the teachers (Sgt. Mjr. Duran and Sgt. Graham), and the other parent volunteers. They really know how to touch my heart!!! Once again, THANK YOU and God bless!!!
P1000080
Here's my copy of a similar picture. That's Stevie on the far left in the khaki shorts. I'm so excited! hee hee hee Go North HS JROTC!!!

No comments: