Sunday, March 22, 2009

Memory Bears...

P1020772
Joseph and Joneth (rear), Sammi and Jimmy (front) - On their way for a day of ice skating in Palos Verdes. It's nice to be young and healthy... Those were the days!!!

P1020776
On Saint Patrick's Day, March 17, 2009, it was Joe's last day of radiation. His wife was visiting their daughter in Northern California, and wasn't going to make it home in time for his last day. So I got there just in time for his "Bell Ringing Ceremony." I'm really going to miss seeing his warm smiles every morning before my radiation. May God bless you with good health, Joe! You are a cancer survivor!!!


P1020780
After my radiation, I've been joining Ada, my mom, and friends for lunch and foot massages. Connie, Morgan, Louise, Ada, and myself are relaxing after our treatment today. It's been a blessing to get pampered this way.


P1020784
Here's Angel attempting to put a bike together for my friend, Jill. That's an impossible task to do when there are some crucial parts missing! Oh well, Jill! It's back to the drawing board, or in this case, back to the bike shop!!!


P1020786
I love my new pink "breast cancer awareness" bracelet, Joanne!!! You are so talented and creative!!! Thank you!!! I'm really going to miss having you for my radiation therapist. Best wishes to you at your new job in San Francisco!!! Torrance Memorial will not be the same without you!!!


P1020789
Here's my Sammi with her funky pipe cleaner glasses, Angela (aka Bianca), and me!!! There's never a dull moment in my house.

P1020802
Happy birthday to Poa Poa, Jordan, Emily, and Ed.
P1020796
P1020810
I want to personally give thanks to VITAS Healthcare Corporation, a non-profit organization who provided end-of-life care for my Dad (http://hfahospice.blogspot.com/2008/12/hospice-volunteers-sewing-memory-bears.html). VITAS' volunteers also took Dad's old clothes and gave them new life through these cute Memory Bears. Here are the five bears they've made for our family, one for each sibling. The great thing is that we actually remember Dad wearing these clothes! What a wonderful way to keep him close to our hearts. Thanks VITAS for the many loving hearts of your volunteers and supporters!!!

No comments: