Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's coming up next?

God has the perfect plan for each and every one of us. He puts people in our lives as we need them, or as they need us. On December 26. 2008, our friend, Dennis Cho, has gone home to be with the Lord. The memorial service was held on January 10, 2009 at Evergreen Baptist Church San Gabriel Valley. It was such a beautiful service, which Dennis himself had planned out to the smallest detail. His family and close friends shared with us about Dennis' passion for God and for life. Even through his battle with cancer, his faith never wandered. I am inspired by all the things that was said about him. He was truly a good steward for Christ. I met him back when I was in junior high, and he was one of those "old kids in high school". Unfortunately, after I graduated from high school, we did not keep in touch directly. As I reminisced, I was filled with many emotions, from sorrow to joy. We went to celebrate Dennis' life and to support his family. But our amazing God turned it into a blessing for us once again, as we rekindled old friendships. I'm going to try my best to bug my new old friends much more! Thank God he gave us email! Too bad we didn't take any pictures for my blog, huh? We'll just have to get together again soon! ;-) hee hee hee

P1010890
Cynthia and me! She's a semi-retiree. Is this what you do when you get bored being at home? When I get my body back into health, maybe I can find a job? Well, maybe not. I'm just having way too much fun.

P1010892
Ako, Cynthia, and me again! Here's another example of God's amazing plan for our lives. The three of us just met each other at South Bay Community Church, and we found out that we're all breast cancer survivors! We went to church to praise God, and he gave us a special bond to each other. God is sooooo good!!!

P1010893
Here I am with my very handsome, Dr. Michael Newman. He's so young, yet so skilled and talented. He has the stamina to handle long grueling hours of surgery with ease. It's a good thing, because he doing all of my reconstruction surgery! Praise God, he hooked me up with a great team of doctors!

As far as my health issues are concerned, my infection is looking fine. Dr. Newman took out my drain tubes last week. He also gave me the green light to exercise again, with no restrictions. Yikes! I'm thinking about going back to End Results Fitness Training Center in Torrance. They are one of the sponsors for the Wellness Community. They have a special program designed for people recovering from cancer. They even allow us to bring our family and friends. Stevie went with me a few times last summer, and we both enjoyed it. It's time for me to get back into shape. Just remember, ROUND is a shape! ;-) hee hee hee

Due to the two skin infections I had, my radiation has been postponed for a few weeks, until February. I want to get back on track with my treatments, so I can finish everything on time. That should be by the end of this year! Ughhh! So what's coming up next? Well, it's all a surprise for us, but I know God has it all under control. ;-) Have a blessed week! Holy hugs and kisses! xoxoxox Just KooKoo

No comments: